Negative self-talk is one of the uniqueness of depression, which most times lead to frustrations. These positive affirmations for depression are to help you undo the damage done by negative talks and thoughts.
Sometimes I just think depression’s one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, and some people get depressed. Because there’s so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it. —Ned Vizzini,
Positive affirmations for depression can lend a hand to redeploy your thoughts on the positive and put together a new belief system about yourself and your life.
Here are some of my favorite incredible 50 positive affirmations for depression. I implore you to try them.
Recommended: 120 Positive Affirmations for Mental Health
Positive Affirmations for Depression
- I’m rising above the thoughts that are trying to make me angry or frightened.
- I’m willing to get rid of tension, fear, and stress.
- I’m stronger than where I’m presently stuck. I’m going to find my way out of this.
- I refuse to give in to these feelings of defeat.
- I will not believe the negative thoughts in my head.
- I accept myself and create peace in my mind and heart.
- My depression doesn’t control my life.
- I am continually growing and evolving into a better person.
- There are no obstacles I can’t overcome.
- Deep at the center of my being is an infinite well of love.
- My happy thoughts help create a healthy body.
- Life is a gift, and I am so grateful to be alive.
- Any reason to live no matter how small that reason it is good enough.
- It is safe for me to speak up for myself.
- Nourishing me is a joyful experience, and I am worth the time spent on my healing.
- I am in charge of how I feel, and today I am choosing happiness.
- I have the power to defeat my depression.
- I’m becoming a better version of myself with every passing day.
- It doesn’t matter if I don’t do everything perfectly today.
- I make the decisions. My depression does not make decisions for me.
- I am so strong. I have been through so much to get to where I am.
- I have made mistakes, but I will not let them define me.
- I decide how to tell my story.
- I forgive everyone in my past for all perceived wrongs. I release them with love.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect.
- I trust my intuition. I am willing to listen to that still, small voice within.
- I have such a bright future.
- I will not let anything stop me from loving myself.
- I accept compliments with ease because I’m worthy of them.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I always look for the good in myself and others.
- I will be proud of my accomplishments and view my mistakes as an opportunity to grow.
- I will no longer listen to negative thoughts.
- I am going to get myself out of this mess, and I believe in my strength to know that I will be okay.
- I let go of the fear of making mistakes and feeling like a failure.
- The past is over.
- I will face my problems head-on and not run away from them.
- I am under construction, but I’m healthy.
- I do belong in the world; some people care about me.
- I have abundant energy, vitality, and well-being.
- I have high self-esteem.
- I’ve made it through hard times before I’m going to make it through this.
- I welcome miracles into my life.
- All is well in my world. I am calm, happy, and content.
- Depression will not defeat me, and I’m more than this.
- I know that I am worthy of the good things that come my way.
- Today I’m going to do something good for me.
- I’m allowed to express pain.
- These tough times will be behind me one day.
- I will only focus on the parts of my life that make me feel good.