Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
Anxiety disorder is when you fear something and are anxious about it, but you don’t know exactly what you fear. Anxiety is often triggered by stress. Some people are more vulnerable to stress than others, however, even people who become anxious easily can learn to manage it well.
We could make ourselves worried with “negative self-talk” – a custom of constantly telling ourselves that the worst will occur. Everyone indulges in self-talk.
From providing an important presentation at work to attending a party on your own, there are an infinite number of circumstances that could be influenced by negative ideas. Whether you have a recognized anxiety disorder, it’s easy to become diverted by negativity and anxieties that can result in a downward spiral of feelings.
To be able to proceed, it is important to exchange negativity with logical, positive ideas. This change may come to you easily and mechanically with training, finally forming fresh thinking customs and strides in healing.
Positive affirmations are replacements for anxious thoughts. They provide real, tangible anxiety relief because they address among anxiety’s most insidious effects: harsh, negative thoughts and self-beliefs. Positive affirmations permit us to take control of anxiety by choosing our ideas rather than remaining at the mercy of anxious thoughts.
Positive affirmations for anxiety have a wide application, usable in many situations like in periods of intense stress, through an anxiety attack, and during times of relatively low stress and anxiety for routine reinforcement of healthy, optimistic beliefs. Anxious ideas feel realistic, but that is an illusion generated and perpetuated by anxiety.
As stress is essentially a mind problem, the answer also must be a mind remedy. If stress is due to thoughts of this anxiety of the unknown, then notions of calmness, serenity, safety, assurance, etc. could be a solution.
There are many strategies to control stress. Repeating affirmations for stress is just one way. However, also consult your doctor along with repeating the instructions.
Tips for getting the most out of positive affirmations
Whilst watching the positive affirmations video above or listening to the affirmation audio allow yourself to empty your mind of other thoughts and distractions. Don’t think about anything. Simply embrace and allow the affirmations to sink in.
Repetition is key. The more times that you re-watch, re-listen and re-take in these affirmations the more you will allow them to sink into your subconscious until you really truly believe them.
For affirmations that are designed to improve all areas of your life (and not just love) be sure to get our essential and totally free affirmation starter pack by clicking here.
50 Positive Affirmations for anxiety
- I am cool, calm and collected
- This feeling is only temporary and will pass shortly
- Every breath I inhale calms me and every breath I exhale takes away tension.
- All is well in my world, and I am safe
- Every cell in my body is relaxed and oozes confidence
- The Universe has got me!
- As the wonderful, soothing energy of the Universe enters my body, I accept myself completely and deeply, without any reservations
- I transcend stress of any kind, I live in peace
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally
- I am confident about solving life’s problems successfully
- I breathe in relaxation! I breathe out stress!
- I am calm, happy and content
- With every breath, I release the anxiety within me and I become more and calmer
- I am social and I like meeting people
- Calmness washes over me and I feel at peace
- The future is good; I look towards it with hope and happiness
- As I breathe out, all of the muscles in my body release and relax
- With every exhale I release the tension
- Stress is evaporating from my body and my mind
- I acknowledge that the only constant in life is change and I am prepared for it
- Life is wonderful, I trust in God/Universe to live a well-fulfilled life
- Each day I feel calmer and more relaxed
- I overcome my fear of anything and everything and live life courageously
- I inhale strength and exhale fear
- I release the past and look forward to a fulfilling future
- I fill my mind with positive, healing thoughts
- I replace fear with love
- I am free of anxiety and continue to do so
- I look towards the future with hope and happiness
- Life is wonderful. I trust in the Universe to help me live a good life.
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally
- I am enough
- I’ve survived this before, I’ll survive now!